Healthy Sweet And Sour Venison Stir Fry RecipeFrom healthychef 7 years ago
- 1 bunch spring onions shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 100 g mangetout (snow peas) shopping list
- 100 g baby sweetcorn cobs shopping list
- 350 g lean venison steak shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger root, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, plus extra for serving shopping list
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tsp clear honey shopping list
- 225 g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained shopping list
- 25 g bean sprouts shopping list
- freshly cooked rice, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the spring onions and cut into 2.5 cm pieces. Halve and deseed the bell pepper and cut it into 2.5 cm pieces. Top and tail the mangetout and trim the baby corn.
- Trim the excess fat from the meat and cut it into thin strips. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok until hot and stir fry the meat, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onion, bell pepper, mangetout and baby corn to the pan, then add soy sauce, vinegar, sherry and honey. Stir fry for 5 minutes, keeping the heat high.
- Carefully stir in the pineapple pieces and bean sprouts and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes to heat through. Serve with freshly cooked rice and extra soy sauce for dipping.
- For a quick and nutritious meal-in-one, cook 225 g egg noodles in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well and add to the pan in step 4, together with the pineapple and bean sprouts. Stir well to mix. You will have to add an extra 2 tbsp soy sauce with the pineapple and bean sprouts so that the stir fry does not dry out.