Beef And Orange Curry RecipeFrom healthychef 8 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 225 g shallots, halved shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 450 g lean rump or sirloin beef, trimmed and cut into 2 cm cubes shopping list
- 3 tbsp curry paste shopping list
- 450 ml fresh beef stock shopping list
- 4 medium oranges shopping list
- 2 tsp cornflour (cornstarch) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped to garnish shopping list
- basmati rice, freshly boiled, to serve shopping list
- *** Raita *** shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped shopping list
- 150 ml low fat natural yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the shallots, garlic and the cubes of beef for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is evenly browned all over.
- Blend together the curry paste and stock. Add the mixture to the beef and stir to mix. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, grate the rind of one orange. Extract the juice from the orange and from a second orange. Peel the 2 remaining oranges, removing as much pith as possible. Slice between each segment and remove the flesh.
- Blend the cornflour with the orange juice. At the end of the cooking time, stir the orange rind into the beef along with the orange and cornflour mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Season and stir in the orange segments.
- To make the raita, mix the cucumber with the mint and stir in the yogurt. Season. Garnish the curry and serve with rice and the raita.