Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with WalnutsFrom crossfire 9 years ago
- 6 bonless chicken breasts, skinned shopping list
- 6 sticks blue cheese - 1/2 inch by 2 inches shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. Place pieces skinned sides down; put a stick of cheese at one end of each. fold in sides and roll up compactly; fasten securely with skewers or tooth picks. Dust with flour.
- Melt butter and oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, 2 to 3 minutes or lightly browned. Remove nuts and set aside.
- Add chicken to pan; cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned on all sides (about 5 minutes). Pour in chicken broth. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center (12 to 15 minutes).
- Transfer to a warm platter and discard toothpicks.
- Stir cream into pan juices. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until reduced by half. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with walnuts.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!