Favorite Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 ½ cup plain oatmeal* shopping list
- 2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 20 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, or whatever chips you like. shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- *Note: pour small amounts of oats into blender and grind until it turns to powder. Do this with all 2 ½ cups of oats to make oat flour.
- In a very large bowl: Cream together first 3 ingredients. Then add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- In another large bowl sift together flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Now gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Dough will become very thick. Then mix in chocolate chips and nuts if you like. You may have to do this by hand if it’s too thick for your mixer.
- Roll dough into golf ball sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 °F for 7-10 minutes. Total cooking time is actually longer then 10 minutes, unless you can bake 6 dozen cookies at once.
- Cool on racks or wax paper. Store in airtight container.
- Makes 6 dozen.