Portuguese Bean SoupFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 2-3 meaty and smoked ham hocks shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
- 1 pound hamburger shopping list
- 1 Portuguese sausage, sliced or beef kielbasa shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 pound macaroni, boiled shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the ham hocks in water for 2 hours (to get the smoky flavor into the broth.)
- Add hamburger and sausage, then beans, tomato sauce and carrots.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and potatoes; cook 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook 10 more minutes.
- Season if needed with salt and pepper.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
Just like Avo's from Portugalauntiekahala in Kaneohe, HI/Petoskey, MI loved it
oh this is bookmarked have to try this - thanks for the post!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it