1860 Chili SauceFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 4 quarts chopped fresh tomatoes, without skins shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 3 green peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a large dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Pour hot mixture into half pint jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
- Yield 11 pints
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating4 people
yummmm...I always grow lots of tomatoes so this will surely be one I will make. Thanks!kathye in loved it
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Very tasty. I added a bit more sugar, 1.5t cinnamon, and a bit of corn starch at the end to thicken it up. I ran my tomatoes, which were very ripe, through a meat grinder which helped to de-water them. (about a quart of fluid ran on the floor.)landsearch in Timonium loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!