Penne With Creamy Vodka SauceFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 5 1/2 cups Prego Chunky Garden tomato, Onion & garlic Italian Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) medium tube-shaped pasta (penne), cooked and drained shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Directions: shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the sauce, vodka, basil and pepper in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Put the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Yummy. I used to travel to Italy alot, to the Umbria region, and this was always one of my favorites for lunch, dinner.....thanjks mj.....djwolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Love what vodka does to a tomato sauce and cream, it just makes it more delicious. Love the addition of fresh herbs and this would make a great "romantic" meal. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it