Penne With Creamy Vodka SauceFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 5 1/2 cups Prego Chunky Garden tomato, Onion & garlic Italian Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) medium tube-shaped pasta (penne), cooked and drained shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Directions: shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the sauce, vodka, basil and pepper in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Put the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Love what vodka does to a tomato sauce and cream, it just makes it more delicious. Love the addition of fresh herbs and this would make a great "romantic" meal. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummy. I used to travel to Italy alot, to the Umbria region, and this was always one of my favorites for lunch, dinner.....thanjks mj.....djwolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it