Best Pecan Pie EverFrom lesliegw 6 years ago
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (NOT margarine) shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar Karo syrup shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon pure Mexican vanilla (you can use regular vanilla if you like, but Mexican vanilla is the first secret) shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans (the fresher, the better) shopping list
- 1 (8 or 9 inch) pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Brown butter in a small skillet until golden (be careful not to burn) (This is the second secret). Remove from pan into bowl and let cool. In another bowl, combine ingredients in the order listed. Stir. Blend in browned butter. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 325 for 40 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklesliegw Sugar Land, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!