BABY BLUE SALADFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
How to make it
- Toss greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese. Place on 6 individual plates.
- Arrange orange slices over greens and sprinkle with strawberries. Top with Sweet and Spicy Pecans (recipe below.)
- ***Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- Prep Time:15
- Bake Time: 10
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 c. pecan halves
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Stir together ¼ c. sugar and 1 c. warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecan halves; soak 10 minutes. Drain, discard sugar water. Combine 2 TB sugar, chili powder and red pepper. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stirring once. Makes 1 cup.