Sun-dried Tomato And Basil Elephant EarsFrom asheats 9 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups sun-dried tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 9 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 5 cups basil leaves, packed shopping list
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- ¾ cup good olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, defrosted (pepperidge farm) shopping list
- Egg Wash: 1 tbsp water mixed with 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- To make paste:
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic in the bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil, salt and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour in olive oil. Process until pureed.
- Add Parmesan cheese and puree for 15 minutes. Set aside
- Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry and place on a lightly floured board. With a rolling pin, lightly roll dough till it’s a 13-inch square.
- Using a knife, spread the paste over the entire surface of dough.
- Fold the sides of the square toward the center so they go halfway to the middle.
- Fold them again so the 2 folds meet exactly at the middle of the dough.
- Then fold one half over the other half, as though closing a book.
- You will have 6 layers.
- Slice the dough into 3/8-inch slices and then place the slices cut side up, on baking sheets, lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each piece with the egg wash and place in oven
- Bake for 6 minutes, turn and bake for 5 minutes longer.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
The Rating5 people
OK..this is killer stuff, you need some new foodies, more people need to see your recipes Ash. I will mail you some must have foodies, you will like theirs and they will damn sure like yours.craners in Coarsegold loved it
I new I could learn from a master like you.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This looks like something fun to try, great pictures and recipe.. it must be nice working in a health food store.invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!