Potato Cheese and Chile SoupFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 4 large potatoes shopping list
- 3 cups of water shopping list
- 2 large green peppers, roasted in oven or broiled or held over flame until blackened and blistered completely and immediately sealed in a resealable plastic bag shopping list
- equal amounts of butter and oil, about a tbsp each shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of yellow spanish onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp of adobo seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of oregano, dried shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- several grinds of fresh black pepper shopping list
- 1 can of diced green chiles shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 cup of grated jack cheese shopping list
- 2 fresh scallions, trimmed and chopped, white and green shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub potatoes very well, cut in chunks and cook in barely salted water, partially covered until tender.
- Allow to cool to room temp.
- Prepare the green peppers in your preferred method, after they cool, slip off the skins, seed and slice in thin strips.
- Saute the onion in both the butter and oil in large heavy bottom pot.
- Season with adobo seasoning, cumin, oregano, garlic and black pepper, cook until onions are soft.
- Blend the potatoes with their cooking water in blender.
- Add to the saute mix along with the roasted bell pepper strips and chopped green chiles.
- Stir in sour cream and milk, whisk and cook over very low heat.
- When it is thoroughly hot, add the cheese and scallions and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!