BEEFY STUFFED POTATOESFrom magandab 9 years ago
- 4 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced. shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (divided) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the potatoes until soft (about 30 minutes in the microwave).
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and onion, breaking up the meat, until completely cooked through.
- Drain beef and lower heat. Mix in the bacon and 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream. The mixture should be completely moistened, but not wet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are done, slice a thin "top" off each one. Scoop out the inside, leaving about a 1/4 inch shell.
- You can discard or save about half the potato you remove.
- Mash the remaining potato with the butter and remainder of the sour cream, until smooth.
- Fill each potato shell with 1/4 of the meat mixture.
- Top each filled potato shell with 1/4 of the mashed potato mixture, sealing the opening completely.
- Topy each with shredded cheedar cheese, pressing lighly into the mashed potato.
- Baked in a covered casserole at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- NOTE: If you make these ahead, bake for 1 hour before removing lid.