Fried CabbageFrom nocturnalife 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove outer leaves and core from cabbage.
- Slice cabbage into wedges and cut wedges into sliced pieces.
- In Deep Fry Pan, melt 1-2 pats of butter over medium heat
- Start adding cut-up cabbage, pan may not hold it all, depends on the size of the head used. I usually end up doing 3-4 pans full.
- Add additional butter, mix it into the frying cabbage-to your taste.
- Fry cabbage and flip every so often to get it all cooked.
- I fry it pretty good, we like it somewhat fried and still a little crunchy.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 1-2 T margarine, depending on size of dish. I add this just for extra flavor and we like it.
- Add additional batches on top, give a good stir to mix in the margarine and combine the warmest batch with the first batch.
- Serve with Jane's Original Mixed Up Salt(our favorite), or just regular salt and pepper is good too.
- Great side to grilled salmon or steak.