Black Forest BrowniesFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 1/3 C. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 C. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 C. baking cocoa shopping list
- 4 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 C. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 t. almond extract shopping list
- 1 C. chopped maraschino cherries shopping list
- 1/2 C. chopped nuts shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1/4 C. butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 C. confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 6 T. baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 C. milk shopping list
- 1/4 C. chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat and stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Blend in eggs, sugar and extracts. Stir in flour mixture, cherries and nuts.
- Pour into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until brownies test done.
- For icing, blend butter, vanilla, sugar, cocoa and milk until smooth; spread over hot brownies. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
I love these! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I'll second that yummy!cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Oooh, Henrie - how delightful! This just sounds so delicious and decadent...mmmm. I have a friend who will flip for these babies - and I'm willing to split them with her. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it