Super Irish Soda BreadFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 4 cups all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon for dusting shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups dark seedless raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoons caraway seeds shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heave oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 inch round cast iron skillet or baking pan.
- Combine 4 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, raisins,
- and caraway seeds in large bowl.
- Blend eggs, buttermilk and sour cream in small bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Knead dough in bowl, about 10 strokes; dough will be very sticky.
- Shape into ball; place in skillet; cut a 4 inch *x* , 3/4 inch deep, across top of dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon flour.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven 65 to 75 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center tests clean.
- Cool in skillet 10 minutes.
- Turn bread out onto wire rack to cool completely.