Diagonal Vanilla CakeFrom liezel 9 years ago
- 500 ml cake flour (2 cups) shopping list
- 15 ml baking powder (15 ml) shopping list
- 1 ml salt (1/4 teaspoon shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, margaringe shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 62 ml oil (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 10 - 15 ml vanilla essence (2-3 teaspoons) shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk, 2% shopping list
- 250 ml liquid non dairy topping (1 cup) 3 3/4 when whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar twice together.
- Mix in the butter or margarine until crumbly and well mixed.
- Add in the eggs, oil, vanilla and 1/2 (125 ml) milk.
- Blend on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl.
- Blend in the rest of the milk.
- Mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Batter should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a savarin pan or any ring pan.
- Batter should not fill pan more than halfway.
- Bake at 350 deg F (180 deg C) for 40 minutes.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes in pan.
- Invert and cool cake in an upside down position.
- Place cake on a large cutting surface.
- Cut into 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Keep cake in tact.
- Whip up the topping until thick and stiff.
- Fill a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Take one slice and place on cake board.
- Put filling on side.
- Work clockwise.
- Keep on going until finished.
- Fill hole with fruit, chocolate, marshmallows and so on.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
What a great idea...absolutely amazing!Thanks Liezel for sharing this with us.ambus in Lahore loved it
wow LIEZEL what a great way to start the year!!!!!
will definitely be trying soon lots of family weddings in February
is it ORLEY WHIP?
geniet u dag
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!