Spicy Orange Rice PuddingFrom berry 7 years ago
- 10 cups whole milk shopping list
- 250 g. long or short grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoon orange blossom water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 cup brown or golden raisins, or/and chopped pistachios( optional) shopping list
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream shopping list
- Orange citrus curls to decorate shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan combine the milk, rice, cinnamon sticks and salt. Place saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium to medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender (about 25 minutes).
- Stir the milk mixture frequently using a heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the rice is tender , remove from heat and add the sugar, vanilla extract, ginger, allspice, orange blossom water, and ground cinnamon. Return to heat and cook until the rice pudding thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the raisins or/and pistchios (optional)
- Spoon the pudding into your serving bowls and cover with plastic wrap. If you want a film or skin on the puddings, allow them to cool before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving time, about to 2 hours.
- If desired, garnish with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Decorate with orange citrus curls
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
The Rating7 people
Looks like you've returned the favour !! I adore rice pudding, and orange is one of my favourite fruit flavours too :) A great post, Berry, TY :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Definitely something different. Sounds really greatliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
LOVE RICE PUDDINGS,THANKSmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it