Turkey Or Chicken Almond BakeFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery shopping list
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided shopping list
- 1 cup premium mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie (To save time, Pillsbury or storebrand refrigerated pie crusts work great) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Toss 1 cup cheese with flour. Mix cheese/flour mixture, turkey, celery, 1/3 cup almonds, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Roll pastry to 15-inch square on lightly-floured surface. Place in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; trim beyond edge. Turn under edge; flute.
- Fill with turkey mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/3 cup of almonds.
- NOTE: If you choose, you can take the trimmed, leftover pie crust and cut out whimsical shapes and place on top of casserole before baking. Sometimes, I even buy an extra crust to make sure I can decorate the top with fun shapes.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 6-8 servings.