Sweet HalvaFrom pink 7 years ago
- sugar 1 cup shopping list
- water 1/2 cup shopping list
- Rosewater 1/4 cup (can be found in Health Food/International Stores) shopping list
- saffron 3-4 threads shopping list
- butter, unsalted 8 oz (2 sticks, or 1 cup) shopping list
- flour 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- *Optional*: * Substitute 1 cup of flavorless vegetable oil for the butter to make a cholesterol-free sweet. shopping list
- * Decorate the top of the halva with whole pistachios or almonds, or simply sprinkle with chopped nuts. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add rosewater and saffron, cover, and remove from heat.
- Heat butter or oil in a large saucepan over low flame.
- Add flour and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until the paste takes on a golden color, about 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly beat the syrup into the flour paste with a whisk.
- Remove from heat, and spread evenly onto a plate or platter.
- Make patterns to your liking on top of the paste with the back of a spoon or with a knife.
- Cover and chill until fully set. (about 2 hours)
- Cut into wedges and serve with tea or coffee.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating4 people
This is a beautiful recipe! Doesn't sound like the usual Halvah I have had in the past. This is a must try for me! I like the idea of Saffron & Rosewater...:)noir in Boston loved it
sooooo ------------- yummy.
thanks PINK for sharing !!!!!!!!
have a wonderful day
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
This looks and sounds wonderful!! Thanks!ambus in Lahore loved it