Huevos RancherosFrom abermouse 7 years ago
- 4 small flour or corn tortillas..or u can use 2 medium and tear in 1/2 shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 C shredded jack cheese, or enough to cover tortillas shopping list
- salsa ( I prefer Mrs. Renfro's habanero salsa, which is hot) shopping list
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks shopping list
- sour cream for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 350 or 400 degrees F
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet to get warm and slightly crisp in oven. Flip the tortillas after about 5-7 min during this process to heat evenly.
- In the meanwhile, put olive oil and butter into a large pan on med- high heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted, then crack all 4 eggs into the pan at once, being careful not to break the yolks. I prepare these eggs sunny side up, letting the white cook thoroughly. (You can do 2 eggs at a time if you prefer, but if you can get all 4 eggs in there and just separate them by cutting the whites apart with a spatula before serving, this seems to work for me.)
- Once the eggs are cooking in the pan, I turn them down to low heat, so i can tend to the tortillas. Once I can see the tortillas are getting crisped slightly by the heat of the oven, takes about 10 min, I pull open the oven and cover them with cheese. Then back in the oven to melt. You can even turn off the oven at this point of you want, however the more crisp you can get these without over-browning or burning them, the better this dish will turn out.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove tortillas from oven, and add 2 tortillas per plate, 1 sunny side up egg on each, once eggs are done. Top with avocado chunks, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro (to taste). Pour on salsa and sour cream as desired.
- Serves 2
The Cookabermouse Louisville, KY
The Rating5 people
We had these for breakfast this morning, really liked the way you put them together, a bit different than others I've tried. Thanx!larrylarry75 in Bandon loved it
This sounds absolutely perfect! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us! This will be a breakfast must try this weekend =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
I made these for breakfast this morning and they are absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!