Skordalia Greek Garlic DipFrom legoflamb 6 years ago
- 2 cups Russet (baking) potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed in garlic press shopping list
- 1 small onion, in quarters shopping list
- 6 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tbs reserved boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cube Potatoes, then rinse. Put Onions and Potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook untill the Potatoes are quite soft, about 15 minutes. Remove the Potatoes and Oinons to a food processor, and reserve the liquid.
- Add crushed Garlic, Olive Oil, Lemon juice, Salt and Pepper to the Onions and Potatoes. Blend untill no longer chunky. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add the reserved boiling water and blend untill creamy. Use more of the boiling water if too dry.
- It tastes best if allowed to sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Garnish with parsley if you like.
- VARIATION: Use roasted garlic instead: Cut the top off one head of garlic and cover in aluminum foil. Place in oven at 400 degrees for about an hour. Continue from step 2.
The Cooklegoflamb New York, NY
The Rating9 people
May be that it's rare outside of Greece, but that's not the case in MY kitchen!! I adore this stuff -- great post, Leg-o-Lamb :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Little sheep/lamb, ... this is wonderful, Rated 5, thanks!berry in loved it
this is one of my fames.... thanks!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it