Carrot Cake With Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese FrostingFrom artichokehearts 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (about 3 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons groung cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 jar carrot baby food (2 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrot shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1/3 cup ( 3 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with knife. Combine flour and next five ingredients in food processor, pulse until well blended. Place flour mixture in large bowl.
- Combine sugar,canola oil, baby food, and eggs. Stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stir until moist. Add in carrots. Spoon batter into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- To make the frosting -
- Combine cream cheese and butter in large bowl. .Beat with mixer at high speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating at low speed until smooth (do not over beat).
- Spread over cake, sprinkle with coconut.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookartichokehearts Seattle, Washington
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!