Char Siu Pork Roast Slow CookerFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (NOTE: Once I somehow managed to be without hoisin sauce late at night while I was preparing this for the crockpot...yikes...so I subbed some good smoky brown-sugar bbq sauce I had on hand and it worked pretty good in a pinch) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless Boston butt pork roast, trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. (I like to leave in the fridge overnight.)
- Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or up to 10 hours).
- Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
- Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.
- Makes 8 servings of pork with sauce.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating6 people
Know I'll love this,anything with pork,thanks.....robertg in loved it
This looks wonderful, thank you so much. I love crockpot days!michellem in Idaho loved it
Hey, how did I miss this one?! Bookmarking to try SOONEST - I'm always looking for new pork recipes, especially super easy ones!modelsmom in Worcester loved it