My Sweethearts Cherry PieFrom michellem 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of corn starch shopping list
- 2 cans(14.5 oz size)tart cherries..I have used fresh, but I think the Oregon tart cherries are the best. Be sure to drain only 1 can..I use the juice from 1 can. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract(do not leave this out) shopping list
- 2 tbs. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar,cornstarch cherries in a medium saucepan over med high heat.
- Stir for about 6 to 10 minutes.
- You want the cherry mixture to be thick.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, vanilla and almongd extract.
- Pour into all ready prepared crust.
- Top it off with crust.
- Bake at 375* for 35-40 min.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating4 people
This is an OMG recipe Michelle.The sugar with the cherries is it normal or caster or powder sugar? Do you think I can make it with pineapple or what?
You have been always proffetional in covering the top crust.Bravo!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Yum! LOVE Cherry pie and this looks beautiful! Your pictures are perfect too! You know, this would be great for Valentines Day! The heart on top is so sweet. You and your hubby sound like such an adorable couple! =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
This is how I make my Cherry Pie and it's always a hit with everyone!!! You've got my "5" vote once again Michelle.lor in Toronto loved it