Salade NicoiseFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes shopping list
- 16 fresh green beans, ends trimmed and halved, or 8 oz. fava beans shopping list
- 4 cups butter lettuce leaves - washed and dried. shopping list
- 14 oz. canned light tuna meat in olive oil drained and broken into chunks or 1 grilled tuna steak cut into small cubes. shopping list
- 2 or 3 tomatoes cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/4 red onion thin sliced and separated into rings shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets halved lengthwise. shopping list
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and quartered shopping list
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thin sliced. shopping list
- 16 (or more) black olives, Nicoise or calamata, either whole or coarse chopped. shopping list
- Handful of capers shopping list
- 3 or 4 Tbsp EVOO (olive oil). shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of red wine or balsamic vinegar (use a good one). shopping list
- 1/2 tspn Dijon mustard. shopping list
- salt and pepper. shopping list
- 1(+) garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 green or red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced. shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly salt the tomatoes and set aside.
- Steam potatoes until tender (~ 8-10 minutes), adding the beans for the last 3 to 5 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Place the lettuce, cucumber slices, anchovies, tuna, olives, onion, green peppers, capers, & potatoes in a bowl and toss gently. (Note: can also make a bed with the lettuce on a salad plate and arrange the other ingredients.)
- Arrange the tomatoes and eggs on the salad.
- In a small screw top jar, mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard, and (to taste) salt and pepper and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing evenly over the salad to serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!