Dark Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Loaf Cake With Chocolate FrostingFrom melsa102 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 c. white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 c. dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c. 100% pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/3 c. applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 c. honey or blue agave (for a milder taste) shopping list
- 3 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until well blended, then another 60 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until blended.
- Pour into ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- **Type of honey matters. I used wildflower the first time and it was way to strong so I switched it to good ol' plain and it was a much tamer flavor. Also if you find the chocolate flavor not strong enough add more cocoa powder.
- Put first 4 ingredients into small saucepan.
- Whisk water into mixture.
- Heat over medium constantly stirring.
- Once it thickens & is smooth remove from heat.
- Stir in oil and vanilla.
- Spread hot frosting over cooled cake.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookmelsa102 Acworth, GA
The Rating7 people
definitely saving this to try!!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
It was awesome. I doubled the chocolate in the icing, used 1 TBS Stevia in place of sugar and agave in place of maple syrup (I used what I had on hand). With only 3Tbs choc. powder it just wan't strong enough for my husband. 2 thumbs up!RanaZ in loved it
The frosting overpowers the cake and the honey overpowers the chocolate in the frosting. If I do this again I would have to be really careful about what kind of honey I'm using.milicakozomara in Dallas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!