Chicken Cordon BleuFrom veg 8 years ago
- 4 boned, skinned chicken halves shopping list
- 4 thin slices fully cooked smoked ham shopping list
- 4 thin slices Swiss or gruyere cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 T water shopping list
- 3/4 c olive , canola or peanut oil shopping list
- lemon, cut in fourths shopping list
- springs of parsley or watercress shopping list
How to make it
- Using meat mallet, flatten each chicken breast to about 1/4" thick. I place the chicken in a plastic 1/2 bag. It keeps stuff from flying around while beating. place 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese on each chicken breast. Begin rolling it up at the narrow end. Roll up and press meat firmly together. In a long shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Spread breadcrumbs in a second dish. in a third beat eggs with the water.
- Roll chicken in the flour mixture, shake off. Dip chicken in egg mixture., drain over the bowl, roll in bread crumbs. Press breadcrumbs onto chicken. Place coated pieces on wire rack. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In skillet, heat iol to 375.Fry chicken, turning occasionally with tongs, 8 -10 minutes until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.Garnish with parsley. Serve hot. Put lemon wedge on plate. I serve with freshly made applesauce, steamed vegetables, Hot German Potato Salad and Kaiser Rolls.
The Cookveg HAMILTON, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!