French Dip SandwichesFrom jennanetz 6 years ago
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 boneless bottom round roast (3-4 lbs.) shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 envelope onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. browning sauce, optional shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 12-14 French rolls, split shopping list
- 1 pkg. pre-sliced swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, saute onions until tender; transfer to a Crock Pot.
- Cut the roast in half; place over onions.
- Combine water, soy sauce, soup mix, browning sauce, if desired, and garlic. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast with a slotted spoon and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place on rolls; top with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Skim fat from the cooking juices; strain and serve as a dipping sauce.