Fabulous Fudge Cake With Lickity Lemon Butter Cream FrostingFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (2 ounces) (or 2 tablespoons cocoa powder) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup cake flour (regular flour ok too - though it won't be as high) shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon good vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk (yes, sour milk no kidding!) shopping list
- Recipe for lemon butter cream frosting under separate listing...see my page for instructions. shopping list
- Equipment needed: Greased 8"x8" square baking pan, 1-1/2 qt sauce pan, one working stove at 350, one working stove top burner on low-medium heat, shopping list
- See Alterations for orange butter Cream frosting Recipe as seen in my photo. shopping list
How to make it
- Grab that sauce pan, place on burner at low-medium heat.
- Melt butter and cut up chocolate in pan.
- Add water and sugar, stir till well combined.
- Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes. Here's a TRICK: If you have melted it on a really low heat (as I always do, you need maybe only five minutes cooling time if that)
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Add egg and stir till well combined
- Sift flour and measure again for accuracy: then add all dry ingredients left: salt, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sift one more time.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk/sour milk alternatively.
- Beat vigorously by hand for one minute or until smooth.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Let cool on trivet on counter.
- Once cool, roughly 2 hours later - though I never wait that long, I spread cake with lemon or orange butter cream frosting (leaving it in the pan) - using just 1/2 of a normal recipe for butter cream.
- You can also simply dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Store any leftover's which normally won't last the night into the fridge depending upon the number of elves you may have in your home.
- Photo to follow the next time I make this great cake.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating4 people
This is a very delicious sounding cake, yummy! My grandmother made cakes a little like this one. We loved it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Sounds great!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
great tasty recipe thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!