Beer-Braised Pork With Black Beans SoupFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 12-ounce bottles of beer (preferably lager) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pound dried black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt (pork shoulder) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro shopping list
- If You Don't Have a Slow Cooker: Heat oven to 300° F. Follow the recipe above using a Dutch oven or large casserole. Bake, covered, until the pork pulls apart easily, 4 hours. shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the beer, 3 cups water, the chilies, adobo sauce, cumin, onion, beans, pork, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook, covered, until the beans are tender and the pork pulls apart easily, 4 hours.
- Using a fork, separate the pork into large pieces.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Great post MJ.... recipe should call for a six pack though... regular ratio... 2 for the cook... one for the pot... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Am bookmarking this one! It's raining all week here, so this will be perfect.conner909 in Whereabouts loved it
So no need to soak beans overnight? Are they really done in 4 hours or do you usually turn down to low and cook for another 4 or so hours?conner909 in Whereabouts loved it