BBQ Baked Lentils for DiabeticsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups dried brown lentils shopping list
- 2/3 cup diced onion shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar-free ketchup (or 1/2 cup tomato paste + 2 tbsp water) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine water, and lentils in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Drain lentils in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine lentils and diced onion in a deep, rectangular baking dish.
- Combine the reserved cooking liquid, ketchup, and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the lentil mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Makes 8 3/4-cup (side dish) servings or 4 1 1/2 cup (main-dish) servings. NI is for side dish size servings!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
i made this tonight and it turned out so lovely! i did make a few alterations ...hexxorba in Bellingham loved it
Health Food Junkies422 members
On A Budget555 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat239 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members