easy and delicious veggie soupFrom emehr2 8 years ago
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can crushed stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can cut green beans shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 2-3 chopped carrots (depending on your preference) shopping list
- 1/2 of large onion (type of onion up to you. i use white) shopping list
- 2-3 chopped celery stalks shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cabbage shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried basil shopping list
- tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, add according to taste) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste (I use quite a bit) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray or butter and saute garlic, celery, carrots, and onions until onions are translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all contents of the canned ingredients and add more salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let it come to a good simmer.
- Once the soup begins to cook down, add about a 1/2 to 1 can (from canned veggies) of water.
- Add cabbage, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and more salt and pepper according to your preferences. I also like to add garlic salt (if you couldn't tell, I love a lot of flavor!)
- Stir and let simmer for a good hour or so. Add more water if needed.
- ** Can't stress this enough!: This recipes has TONS of variations. While it simmers, I sometimes add small pasta or shredded kale for crunch. As it cooks, taste and season it until it's just right. If it's too salty, add more water. If you want more veggies, add more!