Georgia Peach BreadFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups pureed peaches shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans and until blended.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick or cake
- tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes 2 loaves of peach bread.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
Oh wow,hubby (and me) will love this one! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Now this is mouth watering I just HAVE to try this bread,heres the deal henrie you keep posting i will keep making your recipes and eating.LOLcaramia in loved it
Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely saved this one. I can smell it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wissh I had some peaches.gingerlea in Tampa loved it