Vegetable Brown RiceFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 2 c water shopping list
- 1 c uncooked brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 t dried basil shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin 1-inch strips shopping list
- 1 c chopped onion shopping list
- 9 green onions, cut into 1-inch strips shopping list
- 1/2 c raisins shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 - 10 oz pk frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 1 c pecans halves, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in rice and basil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 30–35 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the carrots, onion, green onions and raisins in hot oil for 5–7 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Add the peas and salt.
- Cook for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pecans and rice; heat through.