Seafood Sauce For Shrimp Lobster Crab Or SalmonFrom dandelion 8 years ago
- seafood Newburg Sauce (Serve with shrimp, lobster, crab or salmon over hot rice) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced, or finely minced onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- dry sherry to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons brandy or dry sherry shopping list
- 2 cups cream sauce or white sauce (See Below) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups to 2 lbs hot seafood shopping list
- 3 cups - hot rice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in saute pan. Add the shallots or onion and saute over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the paprika and sherry, and saute for 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the brandy or sherry to the saute pan and cook a few minutes longer. Add the cream sauce, thyme, and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups. Recipe adapted from "Red Lion Inn Cookbook"
- Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 onions, studded with 3 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- fresh nutmeg, grated -- to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes; do not brown.
- In another saucepan, bring the cream just to a boil. Stir the warm cream into the flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Add the onions and bay leaves, and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat. Season sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Strain the sauce and serve. Makes 2 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
The Rating4 people
This sounds awesome! Thanks!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
It will surly 'tickle-the-Tastebuds'~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it