Fall Fruit SaladFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 6 bananas shopping list
- 6 apples (3 red - 3 green) I recommend at least one sweet and one tart. shopping list
- 1 fresh pineapple shopping list
- 2 oranges (or more) preferably seedless and sweet shopping list
- 1 lb seedless grapes - I use 1/2 red and 1/2 white shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh tarragon leaves shopping list
- 1 tspn minced fresh mint leaves shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 kiwi shopping list
- 1 mango shopping list
- 1 whatever the heck you like shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- juice of 1 orange (Note: I used 1/2 cup of pineapple/orange juice for the last two ingredients). shopping list
- 1 cup low fat plain or vanilla yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Dressing: (The night before)
- In a medium saucepan, mix the dressing ingredients well.
- Cook dressing ingredients over med-low or medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Allow to cool and place in the frig.
- The Salad: (That morning)
- Peel oranges, clean "the Fuzz" off, and break into sections.
- Peel bananas.
- Halve and core the apples (to prevent browning.. place 1/2 to 1 Tbsp of lime or lemon juice in a large bowl of fresh water. Place the apples slices in the mixture for a minute or two... drain and set aside).
- Trim top and bottom off pineapple, core and peel.
- Cut bananas, apples, and pineapple into 1 inch chunks and put in a LARGE bowl.
- Add the remaining fruit and herbs (also the walnuts/nuts, plus any other fruit you like)
- Pour the dressing over the fruit/herb/nut mixture... and gently toss to coat.
- Serve over cake, alone... whatever works for you.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating5 people
Sounds delish, Dave - I love fruit salad and the mint and dressing sounds very refreshing. Kiwis and walnuts I love and would add too...and I frequently get assorted oranges and papayas from my lovely neighbors. That would fit the required and optio...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
oh yeah babe thanks for healthy post!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
excellent post. thanks.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!