Lemon Chiffon CakeFrom marriage 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grandulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest shopping list
- 7 large egg yokes shopping list
- 1 cup large egg whites (about 8) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, warmed shopping list
- yellow food coloring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Move rack to lowest position . Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat in 3/4 cup cold water, the oil, vanilla, lemon zest and egg yokes with electric mixer on lower speed until smooth.
- Wash beaters and dry.
- Whip egg whites and cream of tarter in a large bowl until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gradually pour the flour mixture over the egg whites, folding in with rubber spatulas just until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 10 x 4 angel food cake pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until top springs back.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto heat proof funnel or bottle; let it hang about 2 hours until cake is completely cooled.
- Loosen sides of cake with knife; remove from pan
- To prepare Glaze:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat then remove from heat.
- Stir in confectioners sugar lemon zest until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice, 1 Tbsp at a time until glaze is smooth and sonsistency of thick syrup.
- Spread glaze over top of cake and allowing some to drizzle down sides.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmarriage Apalachin
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!