Easy Cucumber SaladFrom wolfpackjack 5 years ago
- 2 medium cucumbers shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 5-1/2 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp Asian sesame oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, toped and cut into medium chunks shopping list
- 2 scallions (green or spring onion), thinly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- If desired, peel the cucumbers. Cut half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut diagonally into thin slices, 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- Place cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to set for at least 1 hour, then pat dry with paper towels, removing the excess moisture (To help remove moisture, fill ~3/4 full a quart resealable plastic bag with water, and set on top of the cucumbers).
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Then wisk in the sugar and crushed red pepper. Bring the dressing to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes, or until the flavors blend. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pat the cucumbers again with paper towels, "squeezing" out any excess moisture.
- Place cucumbers in serving bowl, then add the red pepper and scallions.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then toss, cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Toss the salad and dressing just before serving.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating6 people
Ohhh, Dave, that's sounds yummy and fortunately I have all the ingredients on hand at home. Lucky me. =) Can't wait to try it....thank you!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I love this salad! So good.. got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Hi Dave babe - just tried your cucumber salad and it was soooo delicious. High 5 rating for you... hugs!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!