Sweet Potato BiscuitsFrom angelgirl94 8 years ago
- 2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup pack brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 7 tablespoons cold butter-divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine flour,brown sugar,cinnamon,and ginger.
- Cut in 4 tablespoons butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl,combine sweet potatoes and milk.
- Stir into crumb mixture just until combined.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out to 1/2" thickness and cut with a 2- 2 1/2" biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Melt remaining butter and brush over biscuits.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with additional butter and honey.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating6 people
I know these are fantastic 'cause I've had them. Thanks Angel.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
SOUNDS GREAT FOR BREAKFASTmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I was looking for a sweet potato pie recipe two days ago...I am making these instead.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it