Favorite Spritz Butter CookiesFrom irishiz 8 years ago
- 2 1/3 all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup 10XX sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- optional decorations: food coloring, melted chocolate, sprinkles, chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center of oven.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy (about 1 minutes). Gradually add sugar and combine well.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- At low speed add flour-salt mixture just until combined.
- Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
- Pipe batter onto cookie sheets and bake 6-8 minutes; until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool and decorate.
- Makes about 5 dozen.