Crab QuicheFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided (4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the crab and red pepper mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- 6 to 8 servings.