Beer Battered Fish With Smoked Paprika MayonnaiseFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- 6 to 8 cups vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup beer (not dark) shopping list
- 8 (2 1/2-oz) pieces of pollack, Pacific cod, or catfish fillet (3/4 to 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup drained bottled capers, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon hot Spanish smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Special equipment: a deep-fat thermometer shopping list
- Garnish: lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 inches oil in a wide 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over high heat until it registers 380°F on thermometer.
- While oil is heating, whisk together flour and salt in a shallow bowl, then whisk in beer (batter will be thick).
- Coat each piece of fish with batter and transfer to hot oil with tongs (remove thermometer). Cook over high heat, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total, then transfer fish to paper towels to drain.
- While fish fries, whisk capers and paprika into mayonnaise in a bowl. Serve with fish.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating5 people
Wow... you are on a roll.. great post.wolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
I use fresh Gulf talapia or mullet and this sounds devine!!!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
This is divine, darling....love the smokey paprika and capers. Two of my favorite flavors andthe added benefit of fish!!! Wow.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!