Old Fashioned Skillet ApplesFrom saltymike 8 years ago
How to make it
- Core apples and cut into wedges approx. 1” at thickest.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet on medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add apples to the mixture, stir to coat well and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until apples are fork tender but remain in wedges.
- Serve hot.
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating5 people
Sounds real good :)donman in Hammond loved it
The wonderful apple combined with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon is heavenly...just so simple, yet so divine! Love this. A favorite. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
These were popular at our house and they are so delicious. And my Momma always used Granny Smiths for her Skillet Apples, too. Like you mentioned, these can be served a side or for a dessert. My parents would eat them with their roasted pork - us ...morelunasea in Orlando loved it