Coffee Cake MuffinsFrom knoxcop 8 years ago
- FILLING: shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (no substitues please) shopping list
- Mix filling in a medium bowl, using a fork, and set aside. shopping list
- MUFFINS: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For muffins, stir together dry ingredients well, using either a fork or a whisk to combine and break up any lumps.
- Cut in the shortening as you would for a pie crust.
- Mix together the beaten egg and milk.
- Pour liquid over the other ingredients and stir just until well moistened.
- Fill each muffin liner about 1/2 way with batter.
- Sprinkle some topping mixture (about a spoonful) over each.
- Fill remainders of muffins to 3/4 full.
- Top each with rest of topping, divided evenly.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until pick inserted comes out clean.
- (You can choose to top these with a little bit of powdered sugar icing if you wish!)
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating6 people
Great recipe. Also, It was bugging me that this was your only recipe with a question mark!rml in loved it
Very good. everyone at work loved them! Thanks!mexicreatin in Sacramento loved it
This "5" fork recipe for coffee cake muffins looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us ;)lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!