Cheese CakeFrom susan007 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 (8oz.) pkgs cream cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (melted) shopping list
- 1 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Liberally grease 9-inch springform pan with butter or margarine (this is not from the butter required above in the ingredients). Pour in graham cracker crumbs, shake around on bottom and sides, then discard leftover crumbs.
- In large bowl mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese with cottage cheese until creamy and well mixed. Gradually add sugar, then eggs. Beat well. At low speed, mix in cornstarch, flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Add melted butter and sour cream. Pour into spring form pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake for 1hr. 10 minutes. Turn oven off and let stand in oven for 2 hours. Then, stand unrefrigerated overnight (or 6-8 hours). Cheese cake can be frozen.
- Danish tradition says that if the middle of the cheesecake cracks (or craters) it's a good bake! If it doesn't, it's still good!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksusan007 Alamogordo, NM
The Rating5 people
Oh this sounds fantastic! you got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Love the sound of this, making it asap. Have cookie to be eaten first LOL You have my rating of 5 also. I know it will be very yummie!henrie in Savannah loved it
Always love a good cheesecake.... this one sounds wonderful....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!