Papas Potato Cabbage CasseroleFrom daisey11 7 years ago
- 3 med. potatos scrubbed shopping list
- 8 oz. bacon chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 (12 Oz.) can of beer shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine potatoes with water cook until tender. about 30 min. Cut potatoes into slices.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon reserving 2 TBSP of pan drippings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 3 qt. round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in flour,thyme and salt. Add beer and milk and mix well. Cook over low heat. stirring continually, until sauce has thickened.
- Layer cabbage,potatoes,bacon,swiss and beer sauce one half at a time in baking dish. Bake,covered for 30 min. remove cover. Bake until cabbage is tender, about 20 min.
The Cookdaisey11 OH
The Rating4 people
This recipe is a gotta try! I bet it smells yummy baking too - love that homey smell :) Great post!sunpuppy in Terre Haute loved it
This recipe looks absolutely perfect. It reminds me of a recipe that my Mother-in-law often prepared. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
Have this on my list of must do's. Absolutely great. Thanks for sharingliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!