Savory Sauerkraut With Sausages And PorkFrom conner909 9 years ago
- 2 jars sauerkraut (preferably Klaussen’s) shopping list
- 4 Italian sausages, browned and drained shopping list
- 2 hot dogs, browned and drained shopping list
- 4 pork chops, browned and drained shopping list
- 1 to 2 medium onions, sliced thinly from pole to pole shopping list
- 4 medium red new potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 cups apple juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds, i.e. caraway, fennel, poppy (optional) shopping list
- freshly ground pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- After you have browned and drained the meat, put it in a shallow
- casserole dish. (9x13-inch or larger)
- Add drained sauerkraut.
- Insert sliced onion and quartered potatoes into sauerkraut/meat mixture.
- Pour apple juice over entire mixture.
- Sprinkle with mixed seeds and pepper.
- Bake covered, at 350 degrees F. for at least 4 hours.
- Check periodically to see if more apple juice is needed .
- This is another dish that you can adjust the quantities easily.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating3 people
yum i can smell it and taste it ......love it .......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is so good. I make something similar in the crockpot and it is pure comfort. Thanksnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I have had the one notyourmamma does in crockpot,will have to try this one too.pleclare in Framingham loved it