Risotto with Mushrooms and ParmesanFrom ravenseyes 9 years ago
- 2 tsps olive oil shopping list
- 4 shallots (finely chopped) shopping list
- 2 tbsps garlic (crushed)) shopping list
- 2 tbsps porcini mushrooms (dried) (soaked in 2/3 cup boiling water for 20 mins) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup brown rice (long grain) shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock (homemade preferable) shopping list
- 6 cups mushrooms (crimini, shitake, chestnut, field mushrooms, baby bella) (sliced if large quartered if smaller) shopping list
- 3 tbsps parsley (flat leaf chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to, taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the shallots and garlic and cook gently for 5 mins.,stirring. Drain the porcini, reserving their liquids and chop roughly. Set aside. Add the brown rice to the shallot mixture and stir to coat the grains in the oil.
- Stir the stock and the porcini liquid into the rice mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 mins or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add the porcini and fresh mushrooms, stir and cook for another 15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in chopped parsley and grated Parmesan and serve immediately.