Sour Cream Rasin PieFrom dottiet 7 years ago
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked shopping list
- MERINGUE: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, place raisins and enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding comes to a boil and is very thick.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drain raisins, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir liquid into filling.
- Add raisins, and nuts if desired.
- Pour into pie shell.
- For meringue, in a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time; beat until stiff and glossy.
- Spread over pie, making sure meringue covers all of filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating3 people
I've been searching for this recipe too! Oh thank you, thank you! I'm so grateful that you posted this recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I was introduced to this wonderful pie in my early marriage by one of my hubbies aunts. It is truely delicious. You have made my mouth water just thinking about it.modmom50 in Lawrence loved it
I share you feelings for this pie as well... its a wonderful treat.... goes so good with coffee..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!