Chicken MontereyFrom jemison 5 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast half shopping list
- salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 t chopped fresh parsley on each piece shopping list
- 1/8 t dried tarragon on each piece shopping list
- 4 oz Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cut into a 2-1/2- x 1/2" stick shopping list
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 c seasoned or plain dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 c Nucoa margarine or 1/2 c butter Crisco or 2 T butter and 2 T vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Season the inside with salt, pepper, parsley and tarragon.
- Place cheese in the center and fold chicken around it.
- Roll in flour; dip into egg, then roll in crumbs.
- Place chicken, seam side down,on a plate; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute chicken in margarine, crisco or butter and oil until golden.
- Place in an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.